Job Title : OPERATIONS/FINANCE MANAGER
Responsible to : Creative Director / Owner and Financial Director.
Responsible for : Setting up and managing the business’ finance and operations functions.
ASCENO, at its core, is a brand ushered by both an insatiable desire to travel the world and the absolute necessity to look effortlessly cool while doing so. Fluid sandwashed silk pyjamas and premium swimwear are all perfectly proportioned for luxuriated globetrotting.
Founded in 2013, ASCENO was almost fated for partners and best friends Poppy Sexton-Wainwright and Lauren Leask. The duo share a fierce entrepreneurial spirit, love of travel, and distinctively relaxed and tomboyish style. Today, Lauren and Poppy have a shared spirit and shared drive. They strove to create a brand that embodied effortless chic style and have successfully achieved just that.
ASCENO is confidently and boldly worn travelling the globe and can be seen on everyone from Kate Hudson to Rita Ora to Cate Blanchett. The brand has become a fashion editor favourite and a regular fixture in top global publications including Vanity Fair, Harpers Bazaar and Vogue.
ASCENO can be found in over 75 exclusive department stores worldwide including Selfridges & Matchesfashion.com.
Implementing and managing the finance and operations processes in an exciting fashion design and retail start up - helping to keep the business running day to day.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that stock levels are maintained.
- Managing processes including warehousing, stock control, logistics and fulfilment.
- Ensure efficient running of the wholesale business by being the point of contact between the sales team and warehouse.
- Liaising with warehouse to ensure delivery of e-commerce orders are on time with the best service.
- Setting and maintaining customer service levels for the business in order to ensure that customers’ expectations are met or exceeded.
- Handling legal, HR, IT and insurance matters.
- Ad hoc office management support.
- Stock planning and forecasting assistance to merchandising team
- Preparation of accounting files for bookkeeper and helping to assist her and accountant with queries.
- Managing precise cash flow statements – including all aspects of business, ie sales, stock and sell through, and any capital expenditure.
- Invoice processing, reconciling daily payments with orders and dealing with any returns and charge backs.
- Ensuring that the company complies with financial and trading regulations, including all tax and regulatory bodies.
This role profile is not exhaustive; it will be subject to periodic review and may be amended to meet the changing needs of the business. The post holder will be expected to participate in this process and we would aim to reach agreement to the changes.
Key Competencies and Skills:
- Numerical skills
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines with excellent time management skills.
- Comfortable with change and working to a fast pace.
- Self motivated, dedicated, hardworking and extremely organized with meticulous eye for detail.
- Innovative and creative with good commercial acumen.
- An interest in retail and being part of a fast-growing brand
- Personable, approachable and articulate.
- Flexible, helpful, can-do attitude and a positive, focused work ethic.
- Prior experience in a finance and/or operations role in a retail business. (Not essential but is willing to learn)
- •A degree level qualification.
ALL ENQUIRIES PLEASE EMAIL CAREERS@ASCENO.COM